Tuesday, September 18, 2012

sunset boulevard


joe: i didn't know you were making a comeback.
norma: i hate that word. it's a return, a return to the millions of people who's never forgiven me for deserting the screen.
gloria swanson was such an amazing actress,
so dark and piercing, perfect for the role of norma desmond.
i wasn't really into film noir until my friend jimmy
suggested this movie to me and i totally fell in love.
(actually, chinatown's a great neo-noir film as well!)
i've been wanting to watch sunset boulevard again, so if
any of you happens to find a copy, let me know!
i have to add this beaut to my collection of dvds :)


this is probably one of the best movie endings, ever.


oh, and this is one of my favorite portraits
and i just realized that the model was gloria swanson!
it's by edward steichen, photographer for vogue and vanity fair
from 1923 - 1938. hauntingly beautiful, is it not?

images via google.

No comments: