Friday, January 4, 2013

2KAY13

Without fail, I'm late with my New Year's greeting yet again. Think I've pretty much made it somewhat of a tradition--it ain't New Year's if Hannah isn't missing from the family get-together of dduk-gook (to gain another year full of luck) and Sae-bae dohn (the juhl included). Seems I'm not doing much to ease that filial guilt that plagues me. What am I gonna do with myself?

And yes, my guilt grows deeper with the fact that I rang in the New Year indulging in the same, almost-abandoned vice of mine and that I really missed the family tradition because I was reeling from the after affects of the damned thing. Heck, I guess I've been served a poetic justice since I spent this whole week in the fetal position with my head next to the trash can and my stomach unhesitant to empty itself of its contents. Way to go, cosmic energies of the universe. I applaud you. *claps hands slowly*

BUT, even though I rang in 2013 in similar fashion of 2011, I have a strong sense of faith in myself. I've neglected my self-discipline and indomitable spirit (국기백절불굴!) that I prided myself so much for--it's high time I got off my lazy, unmotivated ass to finally do the things I love and can't live without!

2012 was a year of passivity and stand-still. I can't believe I really wasted three hundred and sixty-five days of just barely going through the motions--fucking pathetic!

2KAY13. It's cliché as fuck when people exclaim that the new year will be theirs, but that's how I feel about this one. A new chapter in my life, a fresh start, a chance to reinvent myself and fill its blank pages with many more memories and experiences.

I don't believe in resolutions, so I'm just going to say this: let this year be a year full of travel. Of taking risks. Of being fearless. Of following my heart and ignoring my over-analytical head. And of course, let this year be full of love, joy, friends and laughter!

Oh, well, I guess I do have one resolution this year. GET MY DRIVER'S LICENSE BEFORE FEBRUARY!

So happy New Year's, everyone! I hope this year is filled with amazing adventures for each and every one of you.

No comments: