Wednesday, June 18, 2014

there and back, again.



Well, it certainly has been a while.

I've been meaning to start blogging again, but every time I thought about the act of sitting down and taking the time to write out the words as I feel them...I would get hesitant. Admittedly, I've been denying myself the joy of writing for quite some time and now that I want to get back into practice I get stuck. Words used to come so easily to me, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I've silenced that part of me for too long.

And, I know what you're thinking. Those of you who know just how many times I've changed blogging outlets know that I kind of have an extensive footprint on the interwebs. In thought of starting to write again, I kind of went on a binge of revisiting all the old blogs I've had (from Xanga to Blogger to Wordpress to Tumblr and back to Blogger again). So much change, kind of weird seeing the 'blogvolution' of Hannah Song. Being who I am now, I wondered where some parts of me went and how I picked up other parts--one thing's for sure, I've always been a contradiction to myself (even my natal chart specifies + confirms this, haha). I should probably delete the accounts I may or may not remember the login information for...but I feel weird about getting rid of the many intimately public conversations I've had with myself through blogging.

Strange, how freely I wrote of my innermost thoughts onto a place so public, but also natural too. As people, we all want to be heard and we all enjoy the thought of anonymity. Sort of like a message in a bottle, except it's not just one person who sees it but an ocean of people that you can't put a face to. It's pretty sweet.

Hopefully I make an effort to keep up with things this time around. And get me to update my portfolio more often since I'll be visiting it pretty often (trying to find the balance for my job and my passions is proving to be quite a challenge).

So, here's to me. Here's to writing. And here's to you all for taking the time to read.

No comments: