Wednesday, May 18, 2011

i've been mute.

I know, I know, I've been gone for a while. I'm on silent mode when it comes to this blog, regretfully enough. I'm keeping busy, picking up various writing assignments and what not. I've got a lot on my hands. That's my problem--I never know when's enough. Or even when to say no (when it comes to projects, you naughty kids). I tend to put a lot on my plate and I'm beginning to think I like feeling overwhelmed. I write for Swagg News and Light Meets Night and I intern for Hellfyre Club... Not to mention my personal life, in which the social aspect is totally kind of...forgotten about, haha.

Creatively, I've been at a standstill--I don't really write as much as I used to. Yes, it's because I'm not feeling emotional as I once used to, and all in vain I've even tried to replay every scene of heartbreak in my head in hopes that something worthy of literature would be born of it. Remembering something as heavy as that and actually going through all those moments have different effects on my creativity--writing about it in remembrance just doesn't have the same affect as opposed to writing about it as it played out. Or maybe I'm just too OCD about my writing..in any case, I've been uninspired.

Anyway, I've been going about my life without really knowing just what it is I wanted to do with it and I think I finally figured it out. Well, more like pieced the puzzle together based on the choices I've been making since 2009. It's kind of obvious to see that I'm leaning towards the music industry (underground, mainstream, those labels don't seem to exist anymore) and with the way I'm going with my writing...music journalism? With maybe a big position at a certain music label (cough Hellfyre cough)..

I just need to hurry up and get my ass back in school.

Oh, and side note, I'm totally addicted to It's A Grind's Funky Monkey.
Absolutely addicting.

PS) I love the way my Cosby sweater looks in this picture, haha.

No comments: