Monday, June 6, 2011

let's get one thing straight.




Trust is like a mirror.

When intact, it's smooth and the reflection is clear; you can be sure of what you're looking at. However, once it's broken, everything's distorted and the cracks fill with doubt. Now, here's the thing. People often overreact after trust has been betrayed, unable to filter out what's real and what's the product of their own mind-fuckery. Others can suppress their over-analytical and hyperactive imagination and base their actions on the wrongdoer's evident efforts in regaining the trust they once took for granted.

I know I've forgiven the past.

But to think that my perception is pristine, like it once was, in such a short amount of time? That's a horrible misconception, no matter how much it seems like I'm over it. Because, no matter how much I laugh about  it and poke fun at it and hang it up for amusement, I'm NOT fully healed.


Not quite.
Not just yet.



But that doesn't mean I won't be.




No comments: