Wednesday, June 8, 2011

nanny, nanny.

I've been working since I was fifteen and I've had a wide variety of jobs.
I've been a barista, a florist, an artist assistant, gallery facilitator, sales associate, key holder, server...
I've worked at various places and oftentimes I've kept three jobs all at the same time.
I'm kind of a hustler (no, not a diva, Beyonce), and I've always worked a lot.

Now, I have a new job title that I can add to my list: nanny.

Seeing how I have a younger brother who's nine years younger than me,
I'm used to babies, and I love them, I go crazy over babies at work (LACMA).
So you'd think being a nanny is no different from babysitting and playtime.

Boy, was I wrong.

So much responsibility, and since she's not my kid and not even related to me,
I feel like I have to be extra careful and extra cautious.
I kind of get a little anxiety attack just by thinking about all the possibilities of what can go wrong.

Lucky for me, I am nanny to one of the mellowest,
laid-back, non-fussy babies I've ever come across.

Everyone, meet Olivia Valentina Moon-Tsai.
Isn't she adorable?

I love taking care of her.
And I really, really, really like her mother.
This woman works, keeps the house, AND cooks/bakes everything from scratch.
Her father's a really chill guy as well.

And, of course, one of the perks of being nanny to Olivia
is that her mother makes really good breakfast
and lets me raid her fridge
and I never leave the place feeling hungry.

No comments: