Friday, July 15, 2011

anti-insomnia & retro cameras.

I've been given many gifts this month and I've very thankful for them and the friends who have shown me love. 


The cover reads: "I CAN'T SLEEP, A journal for passing the time when insomnia strikes and my brain is circling in on itself, cannibalizing the trivialities of the day and exaggerating the ticking of the clock, reminding me that every minute spent awake is another minute closer to when I'll have to get up, though many of the great artists and sages were insomniacs and that's part of how they got so much done, so if I can't sleep I might as well write and channel my misery into something productive."

I want to thank Melissa de Mata for the journal she gave me when we met for the first time this Tuesday. It's a journal to write in whenever my archenemy insomnia (oh, how familiar a-face you are) strikes and I'm absolutely in love with it. I was kind of shocked since I came across it online and kind of pined for it and then BAM! She hands it to me after a hug over at Campos before we headed to Gyu Kaku.

If you guys didn't know, Miss de Mata is a fellow writer and photographer, and SF editor, of Light Meets Night. I actually wouldn't have been added to the team if it weren't for her (and yes, I just met her, after many text messages, LMN Skype meetings and phone conversations). For that, I thank her, and for the journal I am so grateful. As I've told you before, expect something from me very soon!



A retro Asahi Pentax 35mm camera with a 70mm-120mm zoom lens (f 3.8) given to me by my co-workers Kai & Robert (I love these two!). They're on a summer trip to Thailand so I'm gonna shoot them an e-mail as soon as I'm done with this post.

I'm so excited to put this camera to use! I'm a lover of black&white film and I'm not much of a fan of digital photography (especially the editing/touch up/Photoshop part) although I love the immediate access factor of the latter. Time to work super hard and cough up more money to develop the future rolls of film (speaking of which, I have at least 40 I've yet to develop...)


Thank you, I love you all! <3

No comments: