Friday, July 15, 2011

clam chowder & challenge 003.

I know, I know, I'm really bad at updating. I'm trying to balance out my life, work, passions, blogging, writing...it's very apparent that I'm not doing a very good job at it. But, fret not, for here I am! Even though I believe that never late is better, well, it's better late than never. (Thanks, Drake.) Anyway, I see that Blogger's done a little bit of sprucing up regarding its image. Can't say I like it very much but I guess that's because I'm just not used to it. And am I the only one who thinks Google+ is kind of...unnecessary? Maybe it's because I'm getting old and Facebook is just that great, but I don't think another social networking site is really needed. Maybe if it was a super improved version of the current top-social networking site (Facebook), but I think Facebook pretty much has everything going on for it (we can even Skype through Facebook chat??!! Dope).

Moving on.

I love my roommate, Steven! I was craving a sourdough bread bowl clam chowder (from Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, of course) really bad and tweeted about it. I come home yesterday and BAM! I had a can of Chunky's Clam Chowder waiting for me in the kitchen, courtesy of my French Vietnamese roommate.


I love the people I live with. I'm seriously so lucky to live with my close friends & my lover.

So, the 30 day challenge proves to be very difficult for me (since I don't really think to update much) but I'm still gonna continue on with it. I find the questions entertaining to answer, even if most of you don't really care much for it. (I play pretty well by myself.) Here goes the (barely) third question: What kind of person attracts you?

Let's see. Let's start with the physical traits.

1) Tall. I know I'm 5'2 and just about everyone's taller than me, but I love when men are so tall they tower over my small frame. I think the tallest guy I've dated was about 6'3"-5"? Craaaazy. We probably looked weird standing next to each other but oh lawrd, that height difference, to me, just poetically screams out "I WILL GO THE DISTANCE FOR YOU", courtesy of Miranda July (who's new film I'm super excited for and so sad that I couldn't catch over at the LA Film Festival WHICH WAS JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM ME).

2) Well-dressed. You don't have to look like a Zara catalog model, you don't have to be super fashion savvy, but the way a guy dresses has a somewhat big effect on me. Obviously, I wouldn't want a guy whose closet is full of Birkenstocks, cargo shorts and oversized t-shirts... But a guy who can pull off the nice, clean, jeans + t-shirt combo is a definite rise in points. Ugh, I love guys who dress well.

3) A pair of deep, expressive eyes. As a firm believer in the saying "Your eyes are the window to your soul", of course this would be a factor in the attraction. I'm big on reading people and your eyes don't lie, folks. But, of course, the man with deep, enigmatic eyes had a very strong hold on me. Gawddamn the things and people you just can't figure out. ;)

4) Smile. Nice set of pearly whites and a smile that just catches my attention = swoon.

5) Rough hands. Means you're a man. And you work. None of that prissy shit.

And here comes the personality traits.

1) Sense of humor. This is very important. If you can't make me laugh, then well, I'm sorry but it won't work out. I love to laugh, I love to be happy, I love to swap dirty, sarcastic, sometimes even hurtful jokes. If you can't handle my dry, jovial manner and you fail to bring out my laughter... Next. I can't always be serious. I'd go crazy.

2) Chivalrous. Offer me the first and last bite of the food we share. Walk on the outer part of the sidewalk when we take a stroll together. Open doors for me. You know, that old-school mannerism stuff. I have to admit, I wasn't really used to being treated this way until my boyfriend but I'd be lying if I said that he didn't set the standard for me when it comes to guys.

3) Adventurous. I have a mischievous streak, and I love to try new things. My guy should be down, and unhesitant, to paint this city red and stomach foods we can or cannot pronounce the names of!

4) Intelligent. Yes, this is a must. I should be able to hold many conversations with you (of various caliber). I should be able to debate things with you. I should enjoy picking at your brain as you should enjoy picking at mine.

5) Conversationalist. If you can't carry a decent conversation with me, don't even think about it. Like Slug from Atmosphere, I'll give you conversation just to see if you can hold them. People who can't carry a decent conversation are people I view to be a bit boring, a bit shallow, and definitely not worth my time.

6) Supportive. Yes, there will be times when I turn into a bitter bitch. There will be times when I just want to be alone. There will be times when I feel like I don't give a shit. There will also be times when I am very loving. There will also be times when I don't want to hang out or see anyone else but you. There will also be times when I bask in the happiness that is given to me. I'll make decisions, good or bad. I'll be stubborn. I'll be stupid. Admittedly, I am a girl with many issues. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you certainly won't be able to handle me at my best.

7) Honest. If you're going to tell me, tell me all. Don't hide bits and pieces, alter the truth a little bit, give me a nicer version... I'm a very blunt and straightforward person and I expect everyone to be the same with me. Don't spare me my feelings or pride or whatever. Just tell me. Don't go behind my back and do shit that'll cause you to lie to me, either. I fucking HATE liars. I fucking hate when people lie.

I think that's it. Now, it's time I head over to the insanity that is LACMA Summer Art Camp!

Hope everyone has a great one, =)

No comments: